Things to do in Columbia, SC
Stay & play in style at Aloft Columbia Downtown in the heart of the Vista. Socially connect in our vibrant open space over cocktails and music or lounge with fast & free WiFi and the latest technology. With more than 100 dining and entertainment choices in Columbia’s historic downtown, the Vista is the place to be for locals and visitors alike. We’re also minutes from Five Points, just a mile from the University of South Carolina, and only 8 miles from the Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE).
- The Vista Center, 0.2 miles - Located on the Congaree River, the Vista Center offers dining, shopping, and plenty of outdoor activities.
- Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center, 0.3 miles - Attend a large conference or event at this Convention Center, within walking distance of our hotel.
- South Carolina State House and Museum, 0.5 miles - Explore this educational state house and museum built in 1793, and learn about the history and politics of South Carolina.
- Colonial Life Arena, 0.5 miles - Cheer on the Gamecocks, or catch a live entertainment show at this indoor multi-purpose arena.
- Columbia Museum of Art, 0.6 miles - Explore photography, paintings, fashion, and more types of art collections year round.
- Finlay Park, 0.7 miles - One of the best-known parks in the state, Finlay Park hosts festivals throughout the year, including family days, races, and other events.
- University of South Carolina, 0.7 miles - This historic University is known for their research activity and community engagement.
- Edventure Children's Museum, 0.9 miles - Spend a day with your little ones as they learn about science, animals, cooking, and more through interactive exhibits.
- Columbia Riverfront Park and Historic Canal, 1.5 miles - Run, jog, or bike along the riverfront park which was originally built around Columbia's existing waterworks.
- Williams-Brice Stadium, 2.7 miles - Cheer on the SEC and catch a game at the Gamecock's stadium.
- Riverbanks Zoo & Botanical Gardens, 2.8 miles - Learn about both animals and plants from around the world, and walk through historic Columbia landmarks.
- Congaree National Park, 17.7 miles - This National park has the largest intact hardwood forest in the United States. Enjoy hiking, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing.
Images courtesy of ExperienceColumbia.com